Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make that 4 topics never to discuss in public; politics, religion, quantum entanglement, and pineapple on pizza (yuck).

Agreed! In fact, I would rather talk about quantum entanglement with you again than pineapple on pizza! :)

Last edited:
I just read a somewhat interesting article on Quantum Theory the other day, I think I almost understood some of it.

Well, that makes one of us. I just read it, and couldn't make heads or tails out of it. So I looked up two of the papers upon which it is based [1,2]. Those are (naturally) even tougher sledding. But I am working on it!

[1] Minev, Z., Mundhada, S., Shankar, S. et al. To catch and reverse a quantum jump mid-flight. Nature 570, 200–204 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1287-z
[2] Pokorny, F., Zhang, C., et al., Tracking the Dynamics of an Ideal Quantum Measurement. Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 080401(2020). Tracking the Dynamics of an Ideal Quantum Measurement

Well, that makes one of us. I just read it, and couldn't make heads or tails out of it. So I looked up two of the papers upon which it is based [1,2]. Those are (naturally) even tougher sledding. But I am working on it!

[1] Minev, Z., Mundhada, S., Shankar, S. et al. To catch and reverse a quantum jump mid-flight. Nature 570, 200–204 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1287-z
[2] Pokorny, F., Zhang, C., et al., Tracking the Dynamics of an Ideal Quantum Measurement. Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 080401(2020). Tracking the Dynamics of an Ideal Quantum Measurement
It looks like they have (caught a glimpse) of a particle transforming into a wave, or a wave transforming into a particle. It does not say they actually seen it, just "given a glimpse" whatever that means.... Wave theory has stumped physicist for over 100 years now.... (Schrödinger's cat etc.).

Latest posts

Back