POS system?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmd2k1

Reaction score
Curious what POS system you are using in your tasting room? Anyone using Square and if so, how do you like it?

Cheers!

It took me a few minutes to realize you were talking about Point Of Sale… I had a lot of other things going through my head… LOL

I don’t have a tasting room other than my kitchen when family and friends are over, but I’ve used a square a bunch in the past and it has worked very well. You may need an adapter to insert cards for the chip reader now. Didn't have that necessity when I was using one.

In Hungary, where I live, this is regulated by the government. They require network enabled, approved, POS devices so they can monitor and verify they are getting the government 27% VAT cut of the sale.....
Oh my! :-/

Oh my! :-/

Other internet based services have also been suspended here over the years.

For example (only one example, there are others):

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-uber-hungary-exit-idUSKCN0ZT0RS
It can be difficult to do business here. The government bureaucracy here is very thick. Lived here a long time. I can attest it is not exactly the world view that some foreign media pundits, who my visit and get well handled by the government handlers, may make their viewers believe. It is far more complicated. I am not being politically biased. Just saying..... It is complicated.

we use square and we like it. we are able to pull reports for taxes, track our progress, etc.

Back