Port. floor corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer

Future vineyard owner
Reaction score
After reading the adapter for floor corker thread I went back to one of my favorite sites to review products in the corker category( getting forgetful anymore). Anyway I saw that the port. floor corker has been redesigned. It looks like it has better stats. now. Check it out here

Racer, Just read your post and went to the link for the new description for the port floor corker. I was surprised and bummed when it said it would not do ice wine bottles because I have the old port corker and plan on corking with some ice wine bottles. Any ways I grabed a tall ice wine bottle and it fit in the corker with no problem so the new design must have a shorter span for bottles.

Dont you just hate trade offs? Everything else about it sounds like so much more got improved especially it can do synthetic corks now. Thats why I spent more money a few years ago and got the italian one, the port. just didn't sound like it would be as durable to me at the time. If you don't mind the cant do tall icewine bottles thing though the other improvements make the price look really good.

Yeah, I wonder what has been changed that it wont work with the Bellissima bottles as they are basically the same height as a standard bottle. I use those bottles all the time. Im betting the older one would state the same thing and we use them to do it. Anyone who buys this new model please tell us what really has changed and try using one of these Ice wine bottles. Kind of like the Brew belt saying not to use on glass carboys which I hav been doing for many years.

Perhaps it just won't do really tall 750 ml bottles. Most of us use 375ml ice wine bottles. After all it says it does 1.5 litre bottles, and they are usually pretty tall.

I wish it said something like will handle all bottles between 5" and 16" (or whatever).

Steve

Latest posts

Back