Pop Up SPAM on WMT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Dennis Griffith

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
You can take steps to protect your mobile device. There aren't a lot of options available, but you can load malwarebytes on your mobile device. At least it will help as I've always protected the computer as the last line of defense.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also go to airplane mode on your device then go to apps and find the one for this site. Clear the cache there.
Then turn off your device. Turn on, turn off airplane mode, and try the Site again.
Also, If you see one and can find a link and give it to me here, I can try to block it.

Johny99

Reaction score
Unfortunately happened to me yesterday. :gbNot yet tonight.

Elizajean

Gaining experience one carboy at a time....
Reaction score
Happened to me multiple times last evening when I tried to read posts about bentonite.

zadvocate

Reaction score
I have this too but I read that it was associated with an app I may have downloaded. I deleted the most recent app that i think corresponded to when this started happening and it went away. So if there was some free app you downloaded, it may be causing this problem.

Elizajean

Reaction score
I have this too but I read that it was associated with an app I may have downloaded. I deleted the most recent app that i think corresponded to when this started happening and it went away. So if there was some free app you downloaded, it may be causing this problem.
I have not downloaded any apps in months, if not longer.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AZMDTed

Just a guy
Reaction score
Thanks for working this. I’ve been spam free for two weeks now. I greatly limited my coming here because of the spam, so it’s nice to be back more.

Elizajean

Reaction score
Still an issue even after following the above suggestions. Amazon pop ups. It's frustrating.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Still an issue even after following the above suggestions. Amazon pop ups. It's frustrating.
Can you get the url address from the top bar next time it happens and post it here? That will allow me to get that one blocked. I block and a new one will pop up soon after. Still working on a way for those not to get through.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Used to only get it if I was using Safari in iOS. It's now happening in Safari for Mac too. I don't have a URL - as soon as I see it start to happen, I shut down Safari. I don't like being redirected into unfamiliar territory.

Elizajean

Reaction score
image.png image.png image.png
Can you get the url address from the top bar next time it happens and post it here? That will allow me to get that one blocked. I block and a new one will pop up soon after. Still working on a way for those not to get through.
First thing this morning.....

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I appreciate that. I have forwarded it to be blocked.

Latest posts