Poll for those knowledgeable on methods to eliminate H2S, comments please.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think the recommended procedure is the right way to manage H2S?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
LOL And how many bottles would I have drink in a day to get a "copper overdose" ? Likely it would be the quantity of alcohol making me barf, not the copper. I guess I just like to live dangerously! I don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike either!!

LOL And how many bottles would I have drink in a day to get a "copper overdose" ? Likely it would be the quantity of alcohol making me barf, not the copper. I guess I just like to live dangerously! I don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike either!!

This question really is the problem with putting some unknown amount of copper into your wine. How much is to much. You really can't answer, because you have no idea how much is in there. You are now in a Chemistry experiment, oh and everyone you give a bottle to gets to join in the experiment.

This question really is the problem with putting some unknown amount of copper into your wine. How much is to much. You really can't answer, because you have no idea how much is in there. You are now in a Chemistry experiment, oh and everyone you give a bottle to gets to join in the experiment.

I'll volunteer for the study, send a bottle my way.

Every bit of food you eat that you don't grow yourself is a chemistry experiment. Go to a restaurant? You have no idea where the food came from, how it was handled, what was sprayed on it, and who may have sneezed on it. Did the waiter wash his hands after he went to the bathroom? I worry about THAT. Take vitamins, drugs or supplements? Do you know where they're made and what's in them.....really?

Canned food - could contain harmful levels of zinc. How about some fresh salmon or tuna - could contain PCB's and mercury. Food in plastic containers - might contain BPA's. Grab a McBurger - way too much sodium and whoknowswhat. Maybe I should pull out all the copper water pipes in my house? I should definitely send my Tommy Copper compression socks back, eh?

Here's a list of things I worry about -

#1 - some idiot on a cell phone crashing into my motorcycle.
#2 - my parachute doesn't open

#3-499- almost everything else

#500 - tiny amounts of copper in my wine because it whipped it with a wire for 10 minutes.

Life is full of risks - some are just too small to worry about in the time I have left.

Every bit of food you eat that you don't grow yourself is a chemistry experiment. Go to a restaurant? You have no idea where the food came from, how it was handled, what was sprayed on it, and who may have sneezed on it. Did the waiter wash his hands after he went to the bathroom? I worry about THAT. Take vitamins, drugs or supplements? Do you know where they're made and what's in them.....really?

Canned food - could contain harmful levels of zinc. How about some fresh salmon or tuna - could contain PCB's and mercury. Food in plastic containers - might contain BPA's. Grab a McBurger - way too much sodium and whoknowswhat. Maybe I should pull out all the copper water pipes in my house? I should definitely send my Tommy Copper compression socks back, eh?

Here's a list of things I worry about -

#1 - some idiot on a cell phone crashing into my motorcycle.
#2 - my parachute doesn't open

#3-499- almost everything else

#500 - tiny amounts of copper in my wine because it whipped it with a wire for 10 minutes.

Life is full of risks - some are just too small to worry about in the time I have left.

Personally, I can see this from both sides, there are certainly more pressing things in life to be concerned with on a daily basis.

We are all probably are more at risk driving to and from work than we are of a wine/copper overdose. There are also things that we can do to limit our risks in life. I don't ride motorcycles any longer, and can't see jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

At least for me, using a product like Reduless to accomplish my goal and control the amount of copper in my wine seems to be a pretty easy way to mitigate the risk, however large or small it may be. If other methods appeal to others, so be it.

In the end, we all get to decide what risks to take in life, and as long as we understand what they are, we are free to proceed as we see fit.

Latest posts

Back