Polar Vortex? I blame Ray Way.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know I was thinking of Ray_way when our temps starting to fall. Minus 12F tonight and a big high of 1F tomorrow

I took a pic of my outside temp from my truck as I drove to work this morning
-21 degrees F and the high reached -9
so it did get warmer - still **** cold !!!

Hey hey now! What's all this!?!

First off, that's centered over Kenora, not Winnipeg. (Umm, I think. Is the pink spot the warm spot, or the cold spot? :re)

Second of all, did you know it was colder in Winnipeg than it was on Mars the other day? Now that's freakin' cold. It was -31c before the wind chill today. My entire brake system on the truck seized up. Lol!!

-12f, :slp Silly Americans. Just stay indoors and :ib

Well I didn't know about the Winnipeg and Mars thing but what I did know was you commenting about how cold it was and now it is cold here! Lol, I'm thinking you have to take the blame

Hey hey now! What's all this!?!

First off, that's centered over Kenora, not Winnipeg. (Umm, I think. Is the pink spot the warm spot, or the cold spot? :re)

Second of all, did you know it was colder in Winnipeg than it was on Mars the other day? Now that's freakin' cold. It was -31c before the wind chill today. My entire brake system on the truck seized up. Lol!!

-12f, :slp Silly Americans. Just stay indoors and :ib

the rayway, I do not know how you handle it! By the way, I think there are more Canadians here in Florida than there is in Canada! A quick walk through our local Wal-mart parking lot I saw cars from 7 different provinces!

Rayway
I took your advice and I am sitting in front of the warm fireplace with a glass of wine - if it has been refilled -do you count that ????

We had some blistering cold days a couple nights ago. The Dishwasher supply line which runs inside our kitchen cabinets along an exterior wall froze up the other night but luckily I caught it before it split and thawed it out with a few heaters. Temp here is dropping again for a few days but not as bad as last week and nothing compared to you Rae!!!!!!!! Your freakin nuts over there!!!!!!

Yeah, super fun times all around. :ft

Julie, blame me if you want; but you should do as Steve is. Bottle of wine and a crackling fire. (That, or a spin in the jacuzzi!)

Dan: corner. :D

Pjd: I find it incredible that the students at the University where I work are still running out for coffee in their t-shirts in this weather. They're nuts! We used to house sit for a couple who moved to Arizona for 6 months each year. They're called Snow Birds for a reason. And they do flock together.

Wade: people has their water pipes freezing and splitting all over. Some are running a thin stream all night just to keep it moving. Ugh, and all the big water mains around the city are splitting too. Makes for one big mess.

Rayway - I also repair those broken water mains as well as plowing to keep your streets open as well. My worst main break was -22 F and there were several breaks throughout the day - it lasted almost 18 hours if not more. The nice thing about it all were the residents who came out and brought us warm coffee !!
I will never forget those kind people !!

I thought you were going to tell Julie to spin the bottle fopr a second and had to take another look, I guess that would warm things up also!!! :HB;)

I thought you were going to tell Julie to spin the bottle fopr a second and had to take another look, I guess that would warm things up also!!! :HB;)

be careful you could be in the corner with Dan !! - LOL

WOW thanks, I love that corner. Wanna stop over, I've got the good stuff that'll keep you warm. A few of us have learned to hide our own special stash in the corner.

Is that what you do also Steve, I wondered what you did besides make great products. How long before you can retire to your real job of pump making only? I dont mean being too old but when you are eligible through your job as a State or City worker.

Is that what you do also Steve, I wondered what you did besides make great products. How long before you can retire to your real job of pump making only? I don't mean being too old but when you are eligible through your job as a State or City worker.

Yes Wade I am a maintenance mechanic for a city - I build ( all equipment ) and maintain all the Police vehicles, Plow trucks, regular vehicles and all small tools as well. We have a total of 2 mechanics and a fleet about 120 licensed vehicles and a whole lot of small equipt. The other mechanic mainly does Fire dept and the large trucks. We plow - fix main breaks and whatever else they need us for

I hope to retire in approx 8 years !!
My body is sore after doing it for soo many years and that is one reason I came up with the whole idea of the Allinone.

Back