Poison Ivy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I may have contracted poison ivy for the first time in over 15 years. I had to have come in contact Sunday while out lookig at the Elderberry plants. My legs are very itchy today.......and today is the first I noticed the rash. Clorox time after work.

Sorry to hear that. I usually seem to get it just by looking at it. But so far so good this year.

I was hoping you weren't asking for a recipe for wine :rdo

I was hoping you weren't asking for a recipe for wine :rdo[/QUOTE]

That's the same thing I was thinking.

I think I may have contracted poison ivy for the first time in over 15 years. I had to have come in contact Sunday while out lookig at the Elderberry plants. My legs are very itchy today.......and today is the first I noticed the rash. Clorox time after work.

Doug that's not from Poison Ivy, it's a reaction to the lotion you are using while shaving your legs. Try something with aloe instead or get a wax job. You may wish to skip the brazilian part.:tz:tz:tz

Doug that's not from Poison Ivy, it's a reaction to the lotion you are using while shaving your legs. Try something with aloe instead or get a wax job. You may wish to skip the brazilian part.:tz:tz:tz

ROFLMAO-1.gif

Sounds like the voice of experience!!! :sm

I found a cure, bottle of wine and rubbing alcohol on the PI. Wait, that worked for the itch. Actually, 93% rubbing eoth helped also.

Last edited:

Sounds better than my neighbor using a pin and gasoline, then dance around a bit in the garage till the burn went away. I cringed just watching, but it worked.

Doug,

Get some Fels Naptha soap, should be in the laundry section of your grocery store. When you are done picking berries for the day, shower using the Fels Naptha soap, it cuts the oil in the posion ivy and washes right off.

Doug,

Get some Fels Naptha soap, should be in the laundry section of your grocery store. When you are done picking berries for the day, shower using the Fels Naptha soap, it cuts the oil in the posion ivy and washes right off.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the weekend. Hoping it's a productive one.

If you get PI while playing with Elderberries, you HAVE the cure.
Pick leaves of the Elderberry plant. You can dry them or use them fresh.
On the stove, steep these into a tea. DO NOT DRINK! bad for the health.
Dab the tea on the Poison Ivy 2-3 times a day. Gone in 3-4 days. Free!

Edit: This has worked for me for over 30 years and my dad for over 70 years.

If you get PI while playing with Elderberries, you HAVE the cure.
Pick leaves of the Elderberry plant. You can dry them or use them fresh.
On the stove, steep these into a tea. DO NOT DRINK! bad for the health.
Dab the tea on the Poison Ivy 2-3 times a day. Gone in 3-4 days. Free!

Edit: This has worked for me for over 30 years and my dad for over 70 years.

Interesting.

Latest posts

Back