Podcasts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAB

Reaction score
There are several podcasts available that cover the many issues/techniques/considerations/etc. that are of interest to the making of beer and the home brewing in general. Does anyone know if there are similar podcasts that address and discuss the making of wine as it relates to the home wine maker?

Thanks,
Dab

Other than those mentioned above, Gouldsomm has several very nice episodes about winemaking.

I’ve searched a lot within my phone’s podcast app. The inside winemaking podcast has the most relevant shows to what I want more than any others. But host Jim Duane can be rather dry.
There is an old one that pops up too. Maybe a decade since latest show. The Cellar Dwellers. They are geared towards more beginner type stuff. But still interesting to hear them talk through the process. And they guys crack me up. They go off on tangents and had a little thing for idioms. Any time an idiom was said they would point it out- attempt to guess the origin - and then look up the actual origin. So in the middle of an episode about pressing say, you’ll also learn the origins of “one fell swoop”
Or “selling a bill of goods”.
Kept me entertained. But listening to it with the Mrs in the truck with me? I lost count how many times she called me a nerd. :)

Thanks for the info...I'll check 'em all out.

Graperadio has interesting podcasts and the hosts are very likeable, but they don't release new episodes very frequently now. They have a companion website that allows you to scan through old episodes.

I also like "I'll Drink to That". The host (Levi) interviews winemakers, sommeliers and other folks in the industry (recent episode was with a cork manufacturer). The IDTT podcasts are not geared toward the home winemaker, but I find most of them enlightening.

I'm working my way through back episodes of the Inside Winemaking podcasts and came across a real gem. https://www.insidewinemaking.com/023

This interview with Dick Peterson was quite entertaining and informative. This guys was there at the beginning of the Napa evolution and seems to have been a pioneer in the CA wine industry. I had never heard of enhancing oak chips with SO2 to increase the vanilla flavor impact. I was so intrigued I ordered the book.

Latest posts

Back