Plum Wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladeofthemoon

Drunken God
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Its time to start another batch of wine for me. my 4th batch. since my 3rd was a huge success as compared to before ( it was a little sweeter than what most people expected of Orange raisin wine, kinda became as sweet as port i guess )
so i have more confidence now. so can someone gimme a nice recipe for a mild sweet or dry wine with fresh plums?

thanks!!!

http://www.grapestomper.com/recplum.html

i found this which seems to be a good link for a recipe. i personally found with my 3rd batch that using sodium bisulphite and tannin and all just complicates matters. i just use the fruit, sugar/honey and yeast and let it ferment itself out and the wine seems to be very good. ofcourse, if im planning to bottle it for long, then i guess a few crystals of sodium bisulphite will be good. but if the wine is gonna get consumed in a year, then i think just simple is good.

what do u guys think?

I think you should switch to potassium metabisulfites. Sodium adds a salt flavor not needed or desired. Also with no sterilization you are bound to end up with vinagar sooner than later.

hmmm ya thats quite thru though. i mean about the sodium leaving a flavour in your mouth. is it used in the same quantities?

It is used in the same quantities although it is a little bit stronger. I use it for sanitizing as Iaccidently bought a big bag of this instead of k-meta due to the shop slipping a bag of this in the pile with the K.

cool.. i'll make use of it. i suppose as u say, it will help keep the wine for long periods measured in years i hope :)

Latest posts

Back