Please recommend yeast for white american hybrid with muscat aroma

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Maybe someone could suggest what yeast to use. Variety is called Varduva, it's Lithuanian variety, so i'm sure that nobody will know it here, but it has a muscat aroma, and labrusca genes: flesh is a gel-like ball. What yeast could let the muscat aromas shine beautifully?..

I like the
Hello,
Maybe someone could suggest what yeast to use. Variety is called Varduva, it's Lithuanian variety, so i'm sure that nobody will know it here, but it has a muscat aroma, and labrusca genes: flesh is a gel-like ball. What yeast could let the muscat aromas shine beautifully?..
I like the 71B suggestion by @salcoco. I use D47 for my white wines. I think the D47 gives the end product a good body, aroma, mouthfeel, and taste. With that said the wine made with the D47 only started coming into its own after aging 9 months and kept getting better. The experience I've had with 71B is that the wines are drinkable 3 months earlier, and it does reduce the malic acid, and the taste is more fruit-forward.

Hello,
I don't know which yeasts you have ready access to. ScottLabs has a reference sheet, the easily found yeast on that recommended list (for me) are QA23, D47 (both almost anywhere) or 58W3 (MoreWine). Those are all noted for reinforcing varietal characters. 71B (also almost anywhere) may not have the same aroma qualities, but would consume malic acid, produces fragrant esters. Scott Labs Yeast Choosing Guide

Latest posts

Back