WineXpert Please recommend a RED kit for me

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northerngal

Reaction score
I've made a number of RJS en premier and winery series kits. I particularly enjoyed the Chilean Merlot. Any recommendations for the WineXpert kits? Low, med, high......let me know which you liked

Thanks,
Jenn

I have the Winexpert Eclipse Bravado and the Lodi Ranch Cab Sav resting in glass right now...need a lot more time...but it was awesome smelling and tasting juice...last taste was very promising but yeasty

I have won 5 gold & 2 silvers from the Wine Expert Chocolate Raspberry Port kit, if you likes wines on the sweeter side........ Currently have 2 under glass in the carboys, will keep them there for at least a year!
Al

Winexpert Stags Leap Merlot. It's in my rotation, I make it on a regular bases.

The SLM gets high marks in my house. We're on our second batch.

The Bravado is turning out spectacularly. Another 3 months till it hits the bottle, but it got a "wow" out of my wife at the last taste.

My Lodi Cab is still to young to compare to anything, but shows great promise.

The OVZ also too young yet, a bit flabby right now.

As to the Selection reds, I've done two - the Argentine Malbec and the Amarone. The latter is very good with the Joeswine tweakery, the former is still lacking... it will sit another 6 months till I try it again.

I have won 5 gold & 2 silvers from the Wine Expert Chocolate Raspberry Port kit, if you likes wines on the sweeter side........ Currently have 2 under glass in the carboys, will keep them there for at least a year!
Al

Do you make them as is, or tweak them at all?

Do you make them as is, or tweak them at all?

One of my favorite earlier kits, started it 2009, followed instructions on the box. Still have a few bottles left, improved greatly with age. The bottles I have left all have the medals won on them. Kits are becoming hard to locate, becoming popular & bought up quickly, finally found 2 last year, I believe they are always limited editions.
Al

One of my favorite earlier kits, started it 2009, followed instructions on the box. Still have a few bottles left, improved greatly with age. The bottles I have left all have the medals won on them. Kits are becoming hard to locate, becoming popular & bought up quickly, finally found 2 last year, I believe they are always limited editions.
Al

I'll see how this Grand Cru coffee dessert one turns out and may give the raspberry a go.
Thanks.

Hmm sounds like it will be Stag's Leap Merlot and I will keep my eyes open for the chocolate raspberry port! Thanks, and keep the suggestions coming.

Jenn

Latest posts

Back