Please Explore the SEARCH feature in this Forum

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
There is a great search feature included in this forum. It isn't Google or Meta Crawler, but searches only threads from this forum.

Anyone in here is willing to, wants to, and is happy to share their knowledge and opinions (at least the had better be!)

By entering a key word or several, you may be able to get an answer to your question quicker than someone can reply to you. And, if you find it, or, even if you don't, you may have a better starting point before you ask.

Recently a memeber asked about making wine using jam. I typed in "jam" and got no returns. I typed in "jelly" and found several whithin a couple seconds.

This search feature in here holds a slew of information that has been discussed in here at some time or another.

I wish more of us would try this feature when searching for an answer.

Cheers and Luck to all of you.:D

Troy
:b

Might I add. After the search is done even if you have a good complete answer to a problem/inquiry come back here and share with all of us. As we all gain more experience talking here about something usually will get a more indepth response or 2 that helps all who read.
I really like this forum for 1 really big reason. Everyone I've seen come to this site(not including spammers) is friendly and helpful. Yes even the new to winemaking folks who can't help with a problem jump in and give positive morale support. That can't be said about alot of sites out on the 'net.
So yes do try to use the search feature but do come back and share so we all have something to talk about here too!

Yes, the search feature is nice, but has it’s limitations. Let’s say you want to search for sulfite related questions. I’ve seen it referred to as meta, sulfite, kmeta, K-meta, NA-meta, metabisulphite, Sodium metabisulfite, NASO, KSO, Pot meta, etc.

One suggestion I would like to make is for the “ “ feature to work. Often I’d like to search for a phrase instead of individual words. Type “#9 cork” and you get every thread that mentions a cork.

I love this site and am not trying to complain, just a few suggestions to hopefully make it better. Thanks guys!

Yes, the search feature is nice, but has it’s limitations. Let’s say you want to search for sulfite related questions. I’ve seen it referred to as meta, sulfite, kmeta, K-meta, NA-meta, metabisulphite, Sodium metabisulfite, NASO, KSO, Pot meta, etc.
I ended up starting a thread about "rice wine", because the search engine came up empty. Once I went back (thanks to the "related topics" hints at the bottom of the page), and typed in "sake", there was tons of info!

Yeah it does have some limitations, and OP is right, just need to cahnge a few key words, but it is likely you can find what you want, or at least get you in the right direction so when you come back, your question may be a bit more clear.

Yea, I can't figure out why the serach function is so buggy, but the related topics at the bottom is almost always spot on!

Well the search really helped me :)..my jelly wine stopped fermenting tried few things that didnt work then read drop it on less of a wine your doing first rack....so racked my Jalapeno and put the jelly wine on those lees and WOOT its fermenting ...thanks to all that give such great advice for us :try

I love HOT stuff that wont bother me at all ...will be nice warm up wine then lol

Latest posts

Back