Places to get Niagra Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

First post, so sorry if I do anything incorrectly! Just wanting to find a place that might have fresh juice, pails, or any sort of pure Niagra juice to make some good batches of wine. I'm in north central WV, so it's hard to find a local source. Id like to get it shipped to my home but I wouldn't mind an hour or two drive as long as it is worth it with quality juice. Any suggestions?

Consumers Produce in Pittsburgh have juice pails for sale, many varieties although not sure what they still have in supply this late in the harvest season. If looking specifically for Niagara, 2 hours north of Pittsburgh, Presque Isle Winery in Erie, PA may have Niagara juice still available.

Last edited:
well sorry to say I can not help. You do have my curiosity... what is Niagra juice?

Niagra is a strain of green grape that originated in Niagra, New York area. I had been up north this past weekend, stopped at a local vineyard at their tasting room, bought a bottle that we loved and now I want to recreate it.

Sorry the only place I know you can get Niagara is Presque Isle or Walkers Fruit Basket in Dunkirk, NY. www.homewinery.com sell it in a concentrate to make 5 gallons. It is not as good as a juice bucket but not bad.

Welcome to winemakingtalk.

Welcome to the forum!

I just started bulk aging a Niagara yesterday! Way to far for you to travel but I got my juice from Fulkerson Winery, one of the many NY Finger Lakes wineries.

PS. The first link above gives a short blurb about Niagara grapes.

I am heading up to PI Winery on Sunday to pick up some local Traminette juice, I'll report back on their Niagara juice inventory.

I am heading up to PI Winery on Sunday to pick up some local Traminette juice, I'll report back on their Niagara juice inventory.

Have you checked to make sure they have Traminette juice? that was one of the ones that didn't make it over the summer at Walker's

Hi Julie- I called on Friday and put in my order so I'm assuming they've got it. If not, I'll be coming home with several gallons of whatever else they have in supply for sure.

Last edited:
Hi Julie- I called on Friday and put in my order so I'm assuming they've got it. If not, I'll be coming home with several gallons of whatever else they have in supply for sure.

If edelweiss isn't on your list, you might want to put it on. If you put your order in then they will have a bucket for you. Traminette is a good wine!

Back