Place to buy Virginia grapes?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually thought about building a bladder press but need some time to think about it. Since the staining of the wood could be a potential I may paint it with a food safe paint, that would also solve the problem.

My press is metal, but my basket is wood. It's been through several red grape presses, but the wood basket is completely unstained. It has two coats of food safe sealer on it and works like a charm. You just need a good sealer..........not two presses.

My press is metal, but my basket is wood. It's been through several red grape presses, but the wood basket is completely unstained. It has two coats of food safe sealer on it and works like a charm. You just need a good sealer..........not two presses.

I know, I was just messing with Jim. But didn't initially think about it.

Funny you named those two out of all the wineries in NOVA. They are the two I've been talking to. I built the new Chrysalis tasting building. 12000sf with a 2000sf cave. I am a wine club member of Pearmund. Pearmund already told me I could get Petit Manseng and Norton. Chrysalis tentatively committed to Norton and Tannat depending on their annual winery orders. Either way I will have something. If anyone wants a specific varietal let me know the grape and quanntity and I will see what I can do. Don't want to be greedy but want to make sure I am able to get mine.

That's awesome! Although there are quite a few, I know that a lot of the smaller vineyards will harvest what they have and buy from others to supplement since most of them have 20-30 acres.

The one I worked at (Philip Carter) mainly has Cab Franc and Viognier but they usually bought a little Norton from Chrysalis and had to get some Vidal from Cornell University (my old stomping grounds!)

I would be interested in some Viognier, 3 lugs if it was possible. I never had the Petite Manseng but would be open to give it a try.

You may want to check with VA tech and see if they know of anyone who would sell.

Latest posts

Back