WineXpert Pinot Gris and Mezza Luna Red review

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero

Reaction score
I am looking to buy those two kits in the title and was just looking for any reviews on them and also any tweaks or anything if you all have done any :)

Thanks!!

According to their web-site, Winexpert makes two Pinot Gris kits. The value level Vintners Reserve Pinot Gris and the premium (expensive) Eclipse Washington Yakima Valley Pinot Gris. Which one are you interested in?

Please always be very specific when mentioning kits. It makes providing proper responses easier.

Steve

I am looking for an early drinker so the value kit over the eclipse. i put an order in for some Chilean juice in April so i just want to make some early drinkers while i make/age the better stuff

I like the Luna Mezza Red. It was easy to make and finished great. I bottled it back in October of 2012. The color, smell and taste is great. I will most defiantly make it again.

I agree - the Mezza Luna is a great wine for the price - really good, in my opinion, after just about a month in the bottle, with no tweaks. We bottled in December and only have about 10 bottles left, so that's how good of an early drinker it is. We will try the Trinity Red next though because I've heard good things about that too (same price). If you're like me and just starting to stockpile, we need these types of suggestions, at least while our more expensive wines are maturing. I wouldn't hesitate putting on another Mezza Luna though because our stockpiling scheme isn't working out so well so far :slp

That's exactly what i am looking for too....thanks alot guys. guess i will be putting an order in for it soon

I just finished my last bottle of 2009 Meza Luna Red. If you can let them age they are awesome.

I have one that has been in the carboy for 3 months and I plan to bottle it this week. Test tastes have been good so far. Based on the reports here, I may get another one to start rght away so it can age more than these bottles will.

Wow, I must be selling this kit short. It is one of my favorite 10L kits but I have never let one age more than 6 months. I may have to make one and put it away for a year or so.

A quick stop at my local brew shop earlier this week and i ordered the mezza luna red and also asked how much it would be for the eclipse pinot gris and got it for a steal at $119!!

Latest posts

Back