WineXpert Pinot Grigio - Temperature Clarifying/Aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made my first kit, picked a white, was hoping to be able to drink in 6 mos or so.

I started this kit on 2/7 and kept in primary to the 2/18 when my gavity hit 1.008 and moved to secondary, in both cases have kept in my room temperature pantry and the "wine" has been 64-66 dgerees when I have tested it.

Today 2/28 my gravity is .994 so I degassed and just degassed and added the packs #2,3& 4 (metabisulfate, sorbate, and isinglass) I topped off with about 6 cups of water.

My question - should I leave this at room temp for the 14 days clearing or can I move to my basement which is cooler around 55 degrees right now in winter?

I also planned to rack and age in carbouy an additional 2 months befor bottling.

Is this a sound plan?

Either way. I would let it clear room temp (your room temp is cooler than most) for 3-4 weeks and rack then you can move it to cooler if you want.
Which kit you make?

When using a fining agent warmer temps work better, when using just time cooler tempos work better so Id keep it warmer.

Latest posts

Back