Pinot Grigio- Juice turned PINK?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomcat

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm now to this web site. I began as a beer brewer, however in the past few years I have began making wine.

I just bought 6 gallons of Pinot Grigio juice from California. When I picked it up at the fruit distributor the juice was very cold. I put the juice in my basement for a couple of days to warm up a bit. I pitched yeast today and I noticed that the juice has turned a pinkish hue. What's up with that? It was a straw color to begin with. Did it oxidize or something? Does anybody know? Will it return to the straw color when it is finished fermenting?

Pink is not an oxidized color so I dont think thats what it is although Ive never seen this color from yeast but could very well be just the yeast. Oxidized usually turns brown like an apple cider. I think your fine. Is there any other factors like fermenting bucket or any additives besides yeast?

As with brewing I keep everything clean. I used b-brite in the fermentor and used 2 pkgs of Cotes deblanc (sorry about the spelling). The wine is fermenting though.

I never seen that either I make alot of Pinot Grigio from juice and never seen pink. Let it do its thing and taste as you go looking for off flavors.

Latest posts

Back