Pinot grigio coloUr

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrisonWallet

Junior
Reaction score
I bottled my first kit last night, a pinot grigio, which turned out to taste quite nice at 30 days. Before that, I filtered to a carboy with a buon vino mini jet.

Was looking at the bottles and my wife said they look like bottles of urine. Yeah, they do. I topped up with 1.5 L of Copper moon. Maybe that tinted it? Ended up with 31 bottles of wine, my glass carboys are a bit larger than the plastic one.

20221120_012833.jpg

As long as it doesn't smell and taste like urine, you're ok. ;)

Color in kits is variable. FWK tend to be darker, due to the process. I've made WE kits that were very lightly tinted. If you topped with a dark wine, that could affect it.

As long as it doesn't smell and taste like urine, you're ok. ;)

Color in kits is variable. FWK tend to be darker, due to the process. I've made WE kits that were very lightly tinted. If you topped with a dark wine, that could affect it.
Great! I won't worry about the colour, as the wine tastes better than expected. Drank a bottle last night and got slightly hammered. Seems stronger than the 12% it tested at.

Latest posts

Back