Mosti Mondiale Pinot Grigio bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride0488

Reaction score
I started a all juice Pinot Grigio last October.Racked twice and recently filtered.It tastes great.When should I bottle.I've heard you can drink the whites much sooner than reds.I usually age my reds 1 year.This is my first white wine.Thanks You
smiley5.gif

Last October as in like 2 months ago? If its only 2 months old you have a ways to go IMHO.

I don't like to rush things but the Whites I have made to date were just barely OK at 6 months and didn't become good until a year old. My earliest Whites are now 15 months old and they are really tasting excellent. We opened a Mosti Renaissance Pinot Grigio just last night and it was excellent. I would go buy some Yellow Tail and let this guy bulk age for at least 6 months before I even thought about opening one. These wines are so worth the wait if you have the patience to let them age properly.

I agree with Mike...

You will be rewarded by not rushing it!!! Even Whites!!!

A 2 year old white is a beautiful thing....

I would say give it about a few more months before bottling but you could bottle it and just bottle age seeing as how you have already filtered it.

After I filter, I go ahead and bottle. I like to let premium whites age 1 year (2 yrs forchardonnays) and reds 2-3 years. But when to drink is personal taste preference. I'd bottle and taste after 6 months.

If I need an early drinker, I go with the Vinifera Noble whites.

If you're not doing it already, I'd stick back a few of those reds to try at 2years (even 3 yrsfor a big red like a Cab)--you might be surprised at the difference.

Thank you all. I well wait another 6 months before bottling,and maybe by summer it will be ready.

Back