Pinning no fail recipes

Discussion in 'Forum Comments, Suggestions & Help' started by Shayne Edwards, Jun 9, 2018.

Help Support Winemaking Talk by donating using the link above.
  1. Shayne Edwards

Shayne Edwards Senior Member

Let me just say I am a new member and am enjoying the learning that I am getting from this forum.
    My question is, when going to the recipe section they don't seem to stay on the front page. Is there some way for members to post a recipe/method for a wine and have it trialled by other members for its accuracy.

Once it has, say 10 people check it for usability, you could pin it at the start of the thread as something to have a go at, knowing there is a high degree of possible success???

2. meadmaker1

meadmaker1 Member

Even if it's possible!
    Getting 10 people to agree on a single way to make the same thing would be unlikely.
    Dragons blood if you are looking for a good starter. Search for the thread.
    A good, inexpensive, easy to get fruit. Starter/ learning wine.
    Other wise post your intentions. Ask your questions and sit back and sort through the advice for what works for you.
    It's never easyer thssn in the begining. The more you learn the more critical you become.

3. salcoco

salcoco Veteran Wine Maker Supporting Member

if you follow good sanitizing procures and follow good wine making procedures any recipe will give you a drinkable wine. as far as taste that is up to the drinker. also good testing specific gravity, ph and acid are requirements. with regard to ingredients, if you have 5 winemakers in the room you will have 6 opinions. the best is do your best and keep good notes so you can repeat your best.

wildhair likes this.
  4. Shayne Edwards

Shayne Edwards Senior Member

I knew there had to be a reason.

wildhair likes this.
  5. wildhair

wildhair Member

Glad you're enjoying yourself, Shayne! I have to say I never laughed so much reading a post on this forum as I did reading your Super Spicy Ginger Wine escapade - now that was a hoot!

I'm not sure I've ever "followed" any recipe to the T or even made the same wine the same way using the same recipe. Always something to tweak, some place to improve, some new wild hair idea to try, no?

That's what makes it fun, mate!