Pineapples on sale, can anyone suggest a good recipe?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojabri

Frequent Lurker
Reaction score
Kroger has pineapples on sale for $1, that's dead cheap!

I figure for that price, I may as well take a shot at a recipe. I had considered a Dragon Blood variant, as we've liked every one I've tried thus far.

Can anyone make a suggestion? I'd like to know about how many I would need to buy before I just go get a bunch, or not enough.

I know pineapple is a slower one to clear. If I had a chest freezer, I'd go crazy and buy a TON, but I don't. Boo!

Kroger has pineapples on sale for $1, that's dead cheap!

I figure for that price, I may as well take a shot at a recipe. I had considered a Dragon Blood variant, as we've liked every one I've tried thus far.

Can anyone make a suggestion? I'd like to know about how many I would need to buy before I just go get a bunch, or not enough.

I know pineapple is a slower one to clear. If I had a chest freezer, I'd go crazy and buy a TON, but I don't. Boo!

when there was a sale on bananas and the pineapple I was so excited to start my banana/pineapple I put the fruit in my porch under the sun shine so they would hurry and ripen! You want them RIPE! This lowers the acidity in the pineapple and ya always want the bananas ripe of course. Posted my recipe on this site but added a few things since I posted it. Let me know if you want to try I'll be sure to update the recipe

when there was a sale on bananas and the pineapple I was so excited to start my banana/pineapple I put the fruit in my porch under the sun shine so they would hurry and ripen! You want them RIPE! This lowers the acidity in the pineapple and ya always want the bananas ripe of course. Posted my recipe on this site but added a few things since I posted it. Let me know if you want to try I'll be sure to update the recipe

Sure! I'm still searching for a good one. Would love to see what you've teied .

just updated forgot to mention in recipe got 5lbs of pineapple in freezer and I'll probably add 5 more lbs bananas for back sweetening and/or making a stronger fruit forward. And by the way no worries of high acidity if you leave the pineapples ripen but still test it to make sure

I looked at those pineapple yesterday and THEY ARE NOT RIPE. Any pineapple wine you add water to will turn out weak. Best way is Julies fruit wine way. Juice fruit, add suger to 1.85sg, set ph or TA(with or without acid blend), add nutrients and let her rip. Yes do a good starter. Fruit wines are really that simple

I looked at those pineapple yesterday and THEY ARE NOT RIPE. Any pineapple wine you add water to will turn out weak. Best way is Julies fruit wine way. Juice fruit, add suger to 1.85sg, set ph or TA(with or without acid blend), add nutrients and let her rip. Yes do a good starter. Fruit wines are really that simple

I bought 22 on Saturday and let them sit in the car for 2 days, they ripened right up, perhaps too much actually.

They ended up yielding right at 5 gallons (50 pounds) of juice and pulp. I don't have a juicer so I used my hand blender/emulsifier to liquify it as much as possible. I think I may buy some canned juice and add to it because it's a really thick mixture.

Last edited:
I've done a couple of pineapple mixes, with banana and with my own white grapes. They seem to be pretty foolproof to work with. Might use white grape concentrate if you need more liquid. Give it plenty of time, the flavor will go away and them came back. It's probably my favorite fruit wine so far.
Mike

I've done a couple of pineapple mixes, with banana and with my own white grapes. They seem to be pretty foolproof to work with. Might use white grape concentrate if you need more liquid. Give it plenty of time, the flavor will go away and them came back. It's probably my favorite fruit wine so far.
Mike

Good idea, thanks!

Latest posts

Back