Pineapple Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael77

Junior
Reaction score
I am asking for a suggested (tried & true) Recipe for Pineapple Wine with Bananas....After doing some research, a Pineapple Wine with

Bananas seems to make a good white fruit wine....I would like to make a wine with a 12% alcohol level and a yield of 19 litre (5 Gallon

U.S.)....also planning to freeze the Pineapples & Bananas then add extra Pectic Enzyme to break down the must to juice....any

suggestions/comments how much Pectic Enzyme to use to break down the must?....thanks....

I made a batch of Pineapple wine in 2010. Added an additional 8 oz of sugar at the start, and 2/3 cup of sugar prior to bottling. Original sg=1.098, final sg=.995. Resulted in 10 bottles. Not too bad, but not great; and I just opened the last bottle in late December and I was pleased with it. Try a banana or two and up the pectic enzyme to 1 tsp per gallon as my wine had a slight haze to it.

5 lbs Crushed Fresh Pineapple
4.5 lbs Sugar
2 gals Water
1 tsp Citric Acid
2 tabs Campden tablet
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1/2 tsp tannin
2 tsp yeast nutrient
1 tsp Yeast Energizer
2 pkt Champagne wine yeast

I made a gallon from Dole canned juice. It is now aging in 4 750ml bottles with swing caps, that's all I had! So much sediment, plan to lose half.

you can do banana,pineapple and golden raisins, the finish will be much fuller, vinobeau recipes looks great and heck yes up your pectic enzyme,, pineapple and banana along with pear are tough to clear, i had the web site to get PEAR PECTINASE but have lost it, i need to see if i can find it again, after my last banana, and my last pineapple i have not messed with them since, sdly it has been long enough that i have cut up another 100 pounds of bananas that i let turn mostly black, and 8 lb golden raisins nd are in the freezer skins and all,, but after reading this thread i have decide to add pineapple as well, dang it,,, i never like any of yawl anyway,,, lol

Last edited:
you can do banana,pineapple and golden raisins, the finish will be much fuller, vinobeau recipes looks great and heck yes up your pectic enzyme,, pineapple and banana along with pear are tough to clear, i had the web site to get PEAR PECTINASE but have lost it, i need to see if i can find it again, after my last banana, and my last pineapple i have not messed with them since, sdly it has been long enough that i have cut up another 100 pounds of bananas that i let turn mostly black, and 8 lb golden raisins nd are in the freezer skins and all,, but after reading this thread i have decide to add pineapple as well, dang it,,, i never like any of yawl anyway,,, lol
Get em in the bucket and pitch some yeast. Best of luck with it. Great to see ya. Arne.

Get em in the bucket and pitch some yeast. Best of luck with it. Great to see ya. Arne.
yep soon s i get my skeeter pee done i got bout 30 gallons fermenting now, hehe the second day i went to stir and had forgotten about foaming up, i made my biggest mess to date, like a hayseed i'd filled my container up to much, i flooded the wine room hallway and bathroom, and soaked some of the carpet in the edge of the living room, i got plenty of room to stir and foam up now,

yep soon s i get my skeeter pee done i got bout 30 gallons fermenting now, hehe the second day i went to stir and had forgotten about foaming up, i made my biggest mess to date, like a hayseed i'd filled my container up to much, i flooded the wine room hallway and bathroom, and soaked some of the carpet in the edge of the living room, i got plenty of room to stir and foam up now,

Ha ha, you are not the first to have that happen. Keep making wine long enough and it happen to us all. I am fortunate, tho. All my fermenting is done over concrete, a few swipes with the mop and cleaned up. Basement is so old a few more stains don't even show. Good luck with your cleanup and as old Red used to say "May God bless." Arne.

Ha ha, you are not the first to have that happen. Keep making wine long enough and it happen to us all. I am fortunate, tho. All my fermenting is done over concrete, a few swipes with the mop and cleaned up. Basement is so old a few more stains don't even show. Good luck with your cleanup and as old Red used to say "May God bless." Arne.
I ENVY YOU. after that i heard a sticking sound, yup, out can bleach water and mop, the carpet is starting to smell sickly sweet, so then i made some very weak bleach water got my horse spray rig and sprayed the living room, you whats really funny while i was spraying the carpet the thought that came to mind was just how lucky i was to be single, i figure a married man after ICU would be ferementing in the barn,,

I ENVY YOU. after that i heard a sticking sound, yup, out can bleach water and mop, the carpet is starting to smell sickly sweet, so then i made some very weak bleach water got my horse spray rig and sprayed the living room, you whats really funny while i was spraying the carpet the thought that came to mind was just how lucky i was to be single, i figure a married man after ICU would be ferementing in the barn,,
Yep, I would probably be fermenting outside if I didn't have the grungy old basement to work in. Did do a blackberry upstairs, too cold in the basement so put the bucket by the woodstove. Week or so later, it went downstairs and will just sit there til the weather warms and a bit of warmth gets into the basement. Then it will start clearing and by the end of summer should be ready to hit the bottle. Arne.

Back