Pineapple wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeast action-Secondary

So you have good positive action going with the yeast? When you rack to the glass secondary, hold the hose high in the neck letting the juice thunder down to create a lot of air and bubbling to build up oxygen for the remaing yeast to do their job in a "healthy way." About 2/3rds of the carboy then ease off as you fill to allow the foaming etc. to settle down. You'll see that the yeast get busier now that they can breate....we all need good air! Good job!

Hi Joe,
Did not know about the high-hose trick to build up some oxygen- I moved to 2nd rack yesterday.
How I make sure the yeast still doing his job?
By the way, must looks good, smells good and it's clearing well. A little high on alcohol now.
Gracias like always,
mani-VA

Hi Joe,
Did not know about the high-hose trick to build up some oxygen- I moved to 2nd rack yesterday.
How I make sure the yeast still doing his job?
By the way, must looks good, smells good and it's clearing well. A little high on alcohol now.
Gracias like always,
mani-VA

"Did not know about the high-hose trick to build up some oxygen?" Don't quite follow but sounds interesting.. gotta know now, please describe to us? Thanks

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNK6NQMhmIM[/ame]
This is without doubt the worlds easiest less messy and quickest pineapple wine .. Click for video, and strong alchol content too! Tastes like pinacolda ,hmmm delicious

Damn. Guess ill have to try this one too as my cab Sauv will take till July before primary ferm and ML ferm is done.
Hope someone doesn't post a watermelon wine recipe.

I made a pineapple wine from concentrate, followed the lil purple or pink wine recipe book, came out disgusting, the smell alone was horrid lol

I would appreciate anyone to answer a question about something I am not totally sure of with Wade's pineapple recipe. I added the ingredients as per instructions and now am at point of topping with remainder of water to let sit for 12 hours. So far I put in "1 gallon" warm water for mixing ingredients, "1 gallon hot water" to dissolve sugar and the 1 litre of grape concentrate.
So my question I hope someone would answer me is about the amount of water I should now put in. Should I be adding 4 more gallons of water to finish off the water requirements ? Seeing in the recipe 4 1/2 gallons of water is making me not sure here. Would I read that as 4 1/2 gallons above the 2 gallons I have already put in , for a total of 6 1/2 gallons of water. Would really like to confirm this before continuing.

Thanks for your help.

I see that too, about the water.
I would be adding enough water to get you to the 6 - 6 1/2 gallon mark on your primary. With the addition of what juice will come from the grape concentrate and from the fruit, you should be around 6 1/2 - 7 gallon in the end after ferment. You are going to lose some of that to sediment dropping so you should be back around 6 gallon when transferring to secondary. If you have some extra, airlock it up in another carboy or bottle and use it to top off with.

wineforfun thanks for input. I bought a 10 gallon pail to make this batch and
there is no volume marks on the outside of pail to let you know how much is in the container. In my rush to get this batch going I forgot to add measured gallon amounts of water, one at a time so I could mark the outside of the container myself so that I could know how much in in the pail. That was where I was at when I had the juice from the pineapple, the pineapple, the 2 gallons of water and the 1 litre of concentrate in the pail and no way to tell how much liquid inside pail. So what I did was place the bags of pineapple in a sanitized container and then poured the juice from the 10 gallon into a "marked" 23 litre container, filled it to the proper amount in that container and then poured that measured amount back into my 10 gallon. Put the bags of pineapple back in and now it will sit for 12 hours and will continue.

I just forgot to put marks on the outside of the 10 gallon so I would know where to stop....... I created my own headache but is ok now.......... thanks again.

Back