Pineapple Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry_1949

Junior
Reaction score
I have tried to make wine from fresh pineapple using vin13 yeast but failed on every occasion .Is it due to high level of acidity in the pineapple.Please advice me the best yeast that could be used for good result.I have read that champagne yeast is good, please be kind enough to give us your professional opinion.:a1

Champagne yeast will get almost everything to ferment.. I use it a lot cuase I like really dry wine..

If you like that type of yeast, try making a good starter with OJ and some sugar, once it get going, slowly add some of the must to the starter, like a cup at a time, them add to must after a day or so... That usually work well.. I personally have never used that yeast before..

A friend of mine recently made a batch. He used cotes de blanc with a good starter and it turned out great. Are you sure high acid is the reason it won't ferment? It should be a nonfactor if you adjusted it pre-fermentation.

What sort of time does it take to ferment by using cote de blanc or champange yeast? Any suggestion for preservative before and after .

Here is a recipe from Jack Keller's site. Some say his recipes can be a little low on fruit content requirement, so take that into consideration. This recipe is utilizing Champagne yeast.

I think the key to getting it to start fermenting is utilizing a good yeast starter. Just pitching the yeast may not work.

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request103.asp

Back