Pineapple disaster? Help...

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

RenaissanceWench

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Last Sunday I made my fist homemade wine, pineapple. I followed the recipe and now I'm confused. I used K1-V116 yeast and nutrient everything went smoothly. I had a SG of 1.090 at start and after 4 days it stopped bubbling completely. I took another SG and it was at 0.990 so I racked it. Now what? I know its really dry and I intend to back sweeten some, its good in a pineapple everclear kind of way. It all happened quicker than I though it would. Everything I've read said a couple months and then rack again, eventually it will clear. I guess I need advice as what to do with it from this point. Thanks so much, since its my first batch I'm so afraid of spoiling it all.

Kraffty

Reaction score
Pineapple does need to age for the flavor to come forward, the couple I've done started tasting really nice around 1 year. For now dose with Kmeta and Rack, it will clear slowly. You'll actually start to see it clearing as a band of clearer wine forms on top then eventually works it's way down. You will need to sweeten later for flavor.
Mike

Kittycat

Junior
Reaction score
I made a pinapple mead about 2-3 months ago, then u could only taste alchol, now slight hints if pineapple. Unfortunately i know mines need to age longer.

Northerngal

Reaction score
I made a pineapple wine a year ago. I just racked the stabilized 3gals over three delicious juicy pineapples. Will be re-racking in a few days.

opus345

Reaction score
I made a pineapple wine a year ago. I just racked the stabilized 3gals over three delicious juicy pineapples. Will be re-racking in a few days.
I've got the same question that is always asked of the folks that build ships in a bottle, how did you get the pineapples in there? :ib

Northerngal

Reaction score
I've got the same question that is always asked of the folks that build ships in a bottle, how did you get the pineapples in there? :ib
Hah!! Dad joke alert ;)

As well as about 1gal of pineapple juice; the fruit was chopped, frozen thawed, spent 2 days with pectic enzyme then it all went into a big mouth bubbler

meadmaker1

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I made a citrus mead. It was awful. Pland to use it for blending. Pushed I to the back and almost forgot about it. Untill someone was over and we were sampling and they asked about the orange stuff. So we tryed it. Omg it was great needs sweetened and served chilled but great summer time sitting on tne porch after meal wine.
Give it time.