Pill Crusher

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I used them I juust through as many as I needed in a little baggie and whacked them with a hmmer a few times, way faster and cheaper as i have many hammers all around my basement.

I've been wanting a Bill crusher for a while, looked into a paper shredder but found out a burn barrel works just as well. LOL.

All kidding aside, since I started making wine I am surprised at how populat these campden tablets are. Why not just buy the powder form. And why is it only sulfites that come in this form. i don't recall anyother "additives" that come in this form.

Sorbate is sold in this form sometimes also but I dont see that often.

I've been wanting a Bill crusher for a while, looked into a paper shredder but found out a burn barrel works just as well. LOL.

All kidding aside, since I started making wine I am surprised at how populat these campden tablets are. Why not just buy the powder form. And why is it only sulfites that come in this form. i don't recall anyother "additives" that come in this form.

E X A C T L Y. The only reason I have camden tablets is because I inherited them. When their gone, their gone. I buy decent size bags of Pot. Meta. and store it in a nice rubbermaid snap on lid thingy. On both sides is wht it is with directions and the words DANGER THIS S&%T WILL KILL YA. Or something like that.

Miss our burn barrel on the farm. Good Times.

I mean trash barrel, pretty stinky. You can bet I have a "sitting around" barrel, it gets used lots. We all love to sit around the fire.

My LHBS just sold me40 pounds of powdered Na-Meta for $10. YIKES. I talked them into buying it in bulk and she decided not to and gave it to me for cheaper than she paid to have it shipped. hell, that will last for a long time. HUH? Gotta love that personal relationship with the LHBS.

I just crush em with my pestal and mortar... my daughter thinks its fun to do ....

I take it a step further. I predisolve powder into a soluition such that 15ml (tbsp) per gallon is used in place of a campden tab.

I use a syringe to administer.

I remeber hearing about a Dr. Bob on "60 Minutes". Hmm, just wondering.

Latest posts

Back