WineXpert Piesporter Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2017, I bottled the Winexpert Selection Original Piesporter Style Wine Kit. This wine is very well liked by a few of my neighbors wives. Unfortunately, I only have 6 bottles left. Winexpert no longer has this kit listed on their website. Checking my local wine kit supplier, as well as every online retailer I've ever done business with, I couldn't find a Piesporter kit of similar quality.

Does anyone know of a similar high end Piesporter kit that is still available.

piesporter is a Riesling with dried elderflowers. just get a Riesling kit. ferment dry add elderflowers in secondary do taste test rack off of elderflowers when taste is like you want it. sweeten also to taste.

Thanks for replying to my query. I'll look around for a recipe to get the recommended proportion of elderflower to juice ratio.

Wikipedia didn't say anything about the elderflowers; it only said: "A white, light body wine that ranges from dry to off-dry, it can be made from Riesling, Müller-Thurgau, or Elbling grapes." The elderflowers must be the secret ingredient that converts a common riesling into a piesporter.

Vintners Reserve Piesporter Wine Kit this site had one listed. searching some more found that elderflower wine can be made with from 10 to 25 grams of dried elderflowers per gallon. I would start with the lower quantity in the primary once fermented do a taste test if low add another 10 grams in secondary for about a month.
The RJ Spagnols Cru Select Gewürztraminer comes with dried elderflower to add to the primary.

Back