Pics of My 2016 Crush and Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donz

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would share with you pics from my 2016 wine making. We crushed 14 cases of Cabernet Sauvignon, 8 Merlot and 8 Sangiovese. Followed by yeast and MLF co-inoculation. Took 7 days on the skins to complete and we pressed this weekend. Looking forward to transferring into oak barrels and demijohns next weekend, wine looks incredible and smells lovely.

Salute don

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2325.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

Looks great! How long have you been making wine? I have a few posts kicking around. This is my first year making wine from grapes, so far so good, Fermentation went smooth and it's racked into a carboy, smells good and tastes good so far so it seems like it's going in the right direction! I just add a small amount of French oak chips last night. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing, Looks like you had fun! Your crusher/destemmer and press look nice!:db

Looks great! How long have you been making wine? I have a few posts kicking around. This is my first year making wine from grapes, so far so good, Fermentation went smooth and it's racked into a carboy, smells good and tastes good so far so it seems like it's going in the right direction! I just add a small amount of French oak chips last night. Fingers crossed.

Good for you, smell and taste are important factors!

I have been making wine with my father for at least 20 years. He is old school and believes in the old school ways of wine making. I on the other hand have changed.

Why did you press right after de-stemming? Or maybe another way why did you not ferment with the skins on? bk

Why did you press right after de-stemming? Or maybe another way why did you not ferment with the skins on? bk

I pressed after 1 week of fermenting on the skins to extract beautiful color. Used BM4x4 with 2 doses of Wyeast nutrients and VP41 co innoculation 48hrs after fermentation began.

Back