Other Phoenix area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMR

Reaction score
Hello. Long time member/lurker/reader. I recently moved from Illinois to Arizona. While in Illinois, I made a couple of the Finer Wine Kits and loved them. Has anyone on here had success in having the kits shipped a long distance? Does anyone know a good winemaking supply store in the Phoenix area?
Thanks in advance!

Q? Where relative to the airports?
In industry I have been able to have frozen foods shipped Fed Ex or DHL/ Europe from supplier to my lab when both of us are within two hours of an airport and the supplier has styrofoam coolers. , , , , a second way to say this is if your transit time is expected to be three days with insulated packaging/ room temperature storage/ a mass of several gallons starts frozen > you will be fine.
Another note when at an Illinois pizza factory we shipped truck loads of pizza to Phoenix.

welcome to the forum

Last edited:
I actually live in the Southwest and FedEx is my preferred shipper. UPS is the "train wreck" IMHO. I have a lot of wine shipped to me from WA, OR and CA and FeEx is by far more trustworthy and more efficient getting my wine delivered always one day faster than UPS. The FedEx guy also delivers like clockwork by 11AM. UPS is a crapshoot with most deliveries as late as 6PM meaning my nice wine sits in his truck all day long in the sun getting warmer and warmer.........

Welcome to WMT @JMR

You actually have a good source for fresh grapes from CA right in your neighborhood from Pedlers Son I believe. You may wish to look into that for the Fall.

Welcome @JMR
My FWK orders to central Texas come FedEx usually in 4 days. I track them on the FedEx app. They start by saying 3 days but unless they pick it up from LP in the morning is almost alway 4 day. Mine have always arrived is good shape in the styrofoam cooler even in the dog days last summer.

Welcome to AZ! A quick google show 4 or 5 brew and wine supply stores in Phoenix area. What Ales Ya looks interesting. I can vouch for the Peddlers son mentioned by ibglowin. You can buy either grapes or juice from them at fair prices. They only make one order a year and pick up date falls in early September on a Sunday morn. If you go that way let me know, I'll say hi while we make our pick up.

Welcome to the forum! I also live in Phoenix and can assure you LP, Midwest supplies, morewine, northern brewer, etc ship here. Orders usually take less than a week to arrive and I’ve never had a heat damaged product. As ibglowing stated, Peddler’s Son has a fresh grape program from Central CA every harvest that you should look into. If you’re interested in really high quality grapes, Brehm and winegrapesdirect ship as well. From a local shop perspective, What Ale’s Ya is great as is Brew Your Own Brew. I go to the shop on Raintree in Scottsdale. Welcome to Phoenix and enjoy the beautiful weather for the next month (and suck it up for the next 4 months after that)! It truly is paradise 2/3 of the year.

Latest posts

Back