Ph levels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knodes

Junior
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m just starting this venture and am few days (3) into primary fermentation. Everything seems to be going well: temp is consistently btw 71-74, Brix has gone from initial 1.09-1.05 however I tested Ph (i just got the meter and am far from an expert w it ) initial reading was 3.31, today , 3 1/2 days in it read 2.54. Is that too low?

3.31 is not an unusual pH for a white or fruit wine.
pH always changes while the yeast is working/ actively releasing CO2 which turns into carbonic acid
I run QA on buckets the vinters club orders, most members live with what it is and it works.

Last edited:
pH always changes while the yeast is working/ actively releasing CO2 which turns into carbonic acid
I run QA on buckets the vinters club orders, most members live with what it is and it works.
thanks for the response. I should have said that the wine in Cab Sauv.

Latest posts

Back