Personal Best

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsa46

Reaction score
I made a post the other day asking if anyone leaves their SP in the "primary" until almost dry before racking into the "secondary". I didn't get any replies, but the reason I asked is because this batch was rocking and a rolling.

Well, today is day 7 and the SP is .998. I racked into the "secondary" to finish it off.

The only thing I did different was to add a can of frozen apple concentrate ( because they were out of the white grape ) at the start and added 2 tesp. of energizer ( along with the nutrient ) at SG 1.05 instead of 1 tesp.. I also kept the temp between 75* and 80* the entire time.

I know others have done it but for me it's my first and personal best, I can only hope I can duplicate this the next time.

Last edited:
If you keep good notes and you follow your own procedure accurately and you use the same ingredients using the same quantities (and we are talking about SP) every batch should be identical. Where batches differ is if you have skimpy notes, you are free and easy with the idea of following precisely your procedure and where ingredients are subject to the harvest, the locale and the like AND you don't weigh and measure every ingredient precisely. SP is more engineered than organically developed so every batch should be a perfect clone of any other batch.

Latest posts

Back