Persimmon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upper

Reaction score
Neighbor has a Persimmon tree,what are some thoughts on a wine to go with cookies from said tree. Can You? Upper

I have not made Persimmon wine but did taste a persimmon. I didnt think it had much flavor. Not sure how it would come out in wine.

I just bottled a persimmon wine, The fruit was very ripe and so very sweet. I mixed with pears. My own concoction. It is a dessert type wine I feel. I'm gonna age for a while. Not without potential!!!

See G?, WA made it and didn't even need rocks or sand! Fine time to learn this now! How am I going to get all of that sand out of my wine?

:tz

Troy

@WaWa, how did the persimmon wine turn out? i'm going to try to make some this season too. if you have any tips, i'd like to hear them

there are many kinds of persimmons.the standard pointy heart shape one that have to be fully ripe to eat..and the fugi which are flat kind of pumpkin looking ones that you can eat while hard..wonder which would be better..?

i would imagine the fuyu are better since they aren't as astringent as hachiya. but i have the hachiya to work with, so that's what i'll use

...then again, i don't have any persimmon wine making experience

I used fuyu. as I said they were very ripe and made a sweet dessert type wine. I think the more astringent ones may be only good when very ripe too so would also produce a sweet wine, i would try adding apple juice instead of the pears I used.
It is a nice wine, worth trying!

Latest posts

Back