Quantcast

Persimmon wine tastes hot

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Fang

Junior
Reaction score
Persimmon wine tastes too hot.

Just racked my first try at persimmon wine from primary to secondary, it tastes a bit hot. Estimate Potential alcohol around 14%, probably a bit high, but I had trouble measuring starting gravity because of all the solids, and perhaps added too much sugar.

I know the wine will change while aging over the next months, but is there anything I can adjust now or prior to bottling if it still tastes hot?

Arne

Reaction score
Draw a sample and try adding a little sugar to it. If that helps, you can do the whole batch, make sure you stabalize first or you will probably get a referment and wind up with more alcohol. Arne.

Jericurl

The Ferminator
Reaction score
Persimmon wine tastes too hot.

Just racked my first try at persimmon wine from primary to secondary, it tastes a bit hot. Estimate Potential alcohol around 14%, probably a bit high, but I had trouble measuring starting gravity because of all the solids, and perhaps added too much sugar.

I know the wine will change while aging over the next months, but is there anything I can adjust now or prior to bottling if it still tastes hot?
I would leave it for a while before you start messing with it. If you just transferred it to secondary it needs a bit of time to finish out.

Latest posts