Permanent purple fingers?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got around to mixing up some elderberry wine with berries I had in the freezer for a while.

I am wondering how long before the purple dissipates off my fingers and the wall.

That has got to be the most purple juice in the world!!! LOL

Troy

Finally got around to mixing up some elderberry wine with berries I had in the freezer for a while.

I am wondering how long before the purple dissipates off my fingers and the wall.

Troy

Excuse me sir but you should really go back to the introductions forum and reintroduce yourself. Its been so long since you've been on here that some people may forget who you are. :sm

I don't know Dan, I tried to call last weekend and the wife said he hit the bed early, I tried again this past week end and his machine was on. Late now, but I will make a point to ring him tommorrow. He wasn't feeling well when I talked to him a couple weeks ago. I remeber him mentioning blood pressure. I'll see if I can get an update about him tommorrow. Kinda miss him myself. I sure hope he's pkay.

Troy

Umm, the stuff on the walls is perm!!!!!!!!!! The fingers though will need like 2 days depending on what you are doing, im handling rough wood all day so that wears it off prett fast.

bleach will do the trick..its harsh..but works...dilute it a bit

Washed right off my hands right off with dish soap, and they were stained badly from cleaning the berries off the stems.

Troy

as Wade says, the walls will need stainblock or it just comes back through, lemon juice is kinder than bleach but your equipment steriliser stuff will remove it for sure.

Know what Bear? I mixed up a bit of kmeta and by golly that worked!!!!

I had to use almost an entire bar of LAVA soap but it came off my fingers. That was intersting though!!!

I vote for lemon juice! It worked like magic when I was covered in juice from pitting cherries last summer.

Hey Sid, I read "Kmeta" last night and thought oh must be a cleanig product, Doh!, y'know how a thing will stick in your mind until the little grey cells spark and work it out, well it did, ureka!, K=potasium amd meta-bisulphate ergo Kmeta, we dont use Kmeta here, we have sodium metabisulphate.

Latest posts

Back