Perhaps the ugliest car tag redesign in the nation has another possible woe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswordy

Reaction score
I actually see this as a feature and not a bug.
I agree!

About 20 years ago NC decided to replace the formerly blue lettered plates with red lettered plates, as they are visible from a farther distance. The taxpayers had to foot the bill, e.g., "Here's a new plate, replacing your perfectly fine old plate, and you have to pay out of pocket for it."

A few months later the program was scrapped, as while the plates are visible from a farther distance, they are less readable. Hundreds of thousands of plate had been printed by then, so it was decided to use up the stock. It took years ...

I agree!

About 20 years ago NC decided to replace the formerly blue lettered plates with red lettered plates, as they are visible from a farther distance. The taxpayers had to foot the bill, e.g., "Here's a new plate, replacing your perfectly fine old plate, and you have to pay out of pocket for it."

A few months later the program was scrapped, as while the plates are visible from a farther distance, they are less readable. Hundreds of thousands of plate had been printed by then, so it was decided to use up the stock. It took years ...

I see you know the drill! :D The TN plate won a public design contest. Yeah. SMH. Sho nuff.

View attachment 84577
Ohio introduced a new license plate several months back. After introduction it was realized the plane was flying into the banner instead pulling it. They have corrected it before release but after starting production

And NC had a field day with that one!

View attachment 84580 The Ohio license plate plane and banner look to be correct, actually. The Kitty Hawk plane had the stabilizer in the front, and was what you call a 'pusher' plane. ( propeller in the back )

Yes, the image @Darkroom posted was the corrected version. See the original version in my post just above yours.

Latest posts

Back