Pee'd Off!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineMaker

Addicted Member
Reaction score
So last night I went to transfer my second batch of Skeeter Pee into my fairly new 5 gal glass carboy.. Just as I was about to start, I noticed a small crack towards the top of the carboy, right were it transitions from flat on the side to the rounded portion going to the neck.. Arrgghh!!! No idea how it happened!!!

:po

Luckily this was not my first batch of Pee, so I grabbed a 6 gal carboy, transferred the Pee, and topped with a gallon of my previous batch.. I did not trust the 5 gal with the crack, especially since I needed to degas.. Should I trust it for anything?? Or just toss it... So aggravating!!!

toss it.
Now, can we have a moment of silence .....

'taps playing in the background"

Thank you all! Off to the recycling center.....

:(

I understand its for the best....

We have been getting snow all day. There were whiteouts often. Good thing it is melting here in the valley. They are expecting over a foot in the higher spots. Then in the 80's this weekend!

Pictures of the cracked carboy...

picture.php

picture.php

Whine, were looking for snow after midnight here!! Nothing will come of it, but still a scary thought.

Yikes!!! Hilltowns around us got a few inches of snow earlier this week, and tomorrow its going to be in the low 80's!! Sorry.. lol

Well in most cases snow is better than a killer frost at this time of year. That is as long as it not a heavy wet snow that will cause damage. Plus any snow you get now will melt in a day or two.

oh how sad!!! if i was closer id steal to make some glass tiles n coasters outta!!! My kiln is mourning ur loss!!

oh how sad!!! if i was closer id steal to make some glass tiles n coasters outta!!! My kiln is mourning ur loss!!

I'd be more than happy to ship it to you... Only thing I would ask in return is a coaster or 2.. Let me know.. :)

Latest posts

Back