Pee recipe sugar ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
According to the recipe it says 7# or 16 cups of sugar. In my charts two cups equals 1# so would this not be 14 cups? I am working on this now and am waiting for the sugar syrup to cool to add to primary. Also it doesn't say to add kmeta to primary but add later in the recipe. I'm new to this but think I also add some now, would someone please confirm. I am going to try to use the slurry from my blackberry batch I will be transferring to a carboy from my secondary this weekend. I looked at past posts in the search engine and did not find definite answers on this.

According to the recipe it says 7# or 16 cups of sugar. In my charts two cups equals 1# so would this not be 14 cups? I am working on this now and am waiting for the sugar syrup to cool to add to primary. Also it doesn't say to add kmeta to primary but add later in the recipe. I'm new to this but think I also add some now, would someone please confirm. I am going to try to use the slurry from my blackberry batch I will be transferring to a carboy from my secondary this weekend. I looked at past posts in the search engine and did not find definite answers on this.

As a general rule 2 cups = 1 lb but that is just a general rule, use your hydrometer to add the sugar until you reach 1.070.

Thanks Julie. That is what I did but just wanted to make sure. How about the Kmeta? Reading Jack Kellers works it looks like it should be added up front all the time even if it doesn't say so in the recipe but I was not sure about skeeter since I'm not bringing in fruit. Or is this just std. proceedure all the time?

Ignore kmeta question-just visited skeeter pee site and found the answer in FAQ area.

Last edited:
Thanks Julie. That is what I did but just wanted to make sure. How about the Kmeta? Reading Jack Kellers works it looks like it should be added up front all the time even if it doesn't say so in the recipe but I was not sure about skeeter since I'm not bringing in fruit. Or is this just std. proceedure all the time?

Ignore kmeta question-just visited skeeter pee site and found the answer in FAQ area.

The lemon juice already has sulfites in so no need to add more.

Make sureb you dissolve the sugars well and use your hydro to get a decent sg.

Feeling pretty good right now as I have sat at my pond out back, in my blind, and watched wood ducks come in and swim around without my camera. Of course this has been after sampling a few glasses of some raspberry and blackberry I brewed last August. Not bad for my first! I felt bad that I didn't bring the tripod and camera after seeing what I did see but sometimes you just cannot capture what you experience firsthand. It was pretty special! Back too wine tomorrow.

Back