Pecan wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
working some as i write this. it's a long, labor intensive process, but makes a great wine! I can't divulge the process, but i will share some pics and progress here.

the taste is much like a brittle. buttery and smooth. the finish is superb and leaves you wanting more. it's so good, you take very small sips on it constantly.

HMmmm.....
What is so top secret?
Lets see what you do for Pecan Wine.. This I need to taste and see pix on.
Whats the recipe?

HMmmm.....
What is so top secret?
Lets see what you do for Pecan Wine.. This I need to taste and see pix on.
Whats the recipe?

the process and recipe are our own. there is not a recipe you can find. we just finished 15 gal in the primary now.

we plan on making this for our winery. no one makes it, so we'll be the first!!! we have other firsts that should hit the market next year, with any luck. pics tomorrow.

a day late and some pics short, but i got one that makes me thirsty! lol

is there anything left IN the bag? that pot is a 15 gal one, so it's a pretty big batch. Day 1 of fermentation.

pecanwinemust.jpg

we made ~15 gallons of wine, but there's more with must and wine waste. it took forever. 3 different batches. 9 gal (sg 1.098), 7 gal (1.092), and 4 gal (sg 1.095). should end up with about 15 gallons in the end, hopefully. my dad thinks we did something wrong in the process. me and my mom worked on it, while he was at work and he helped when he got home. it is alot darker than usual. we shall see!

Last edited:
I make pecan liquere but what I make is not fermented. I'm curious, are the pecans roasted prior to fermentation and have you removed the oils?

i have tasted Praline Dessert Wine, not pecan wine...but this really sounds interesting

Put my name on the list for a few bottles please. It sounds glorious! I won't ask your methods as I have a few tricks of my own I keep secret too. I lovethe sound of this wine though.

sounds intresting and delicous , i wish you would share recipie, but i guess i understand. at least tell me how i can get a bottle of this stuf.

I make pecan liquere but what I make is not fermented. I'm curious, are the pecans roasted prior to fermentation and have you removed the oils?

Do you have a recipe to share Dave?

I'd like to try making a nut liqueur.

Allie

That sounds great mid, too bad you can't divulge the recipe. I know where you can get five grand for free, sorry, cant tell you where. Touche. HeeHee.
:b
Troy

I just started fermenting about 1 gallon of pecans that I roasted, adding very hot water to. After reading this thread, it sounds like I just wasted 1 gallon of pecans...the oil separates and goes rancid? Yeesh!:po

That sounds great mid, too bad you can't divulge the recipe. I know where you can get five grand for free, sorry, cant tell you where. Touche. HeeHee.
:b
Troy

:i

non-grapenut> sorry.

i don't like to be secretive, but it's a very good wine and we would like to make it commercially. might even patent it! if we can get past all the red tape and get enough $ together, it WILL be available and probably can be shipped anywhere in MO as we are looking to license shipping it locally. each state charges fees for licenses. i'm not rich, nor do i plan to be. information about opening as it becomes available. we still are a long ways off, so don't hold your breathe. if it fails, i will post ALL of our recipes.

I wish you the best of luck and that all your hard work will make you squillions.

We understand that you need to keep it under wraps..and will be the first to support your efforts, should you go commercial with the wine..

I for one.. am intrigued as to what it will taste like.

Allie

:i

non-grapenut> sorry.

i don't like to be secretive, but it's a very good wine and we would like to make it commercially. might even patent it! if we can get past all the red tape and get enough $ together, it WILL be available and probably can be shipped anywhere in MO as we are looking to license shipping it locally. each state charges fees for licenses. i'm not rich, nor do i plan to be. information about opening as it becomes available. we still are a long ways off, so don't hold your breathe. if it fails, i will post ALL of our recipes.

Thanks for your concern...not trying to guilt u out of your secret. I understand the importance of making a buck. I was just showing my disappointment bcuz it smelled so dam good. I am still going to consider using cold separation when I do my 1st rack in a week. I used a yeast that is comfortable to 45F. Oil HATES cold...maybe that will be my saving grace.

It tastes like pecan pie...I used only brown sugar to bring up the s/g. I will be very carefully racking this wine, since I noticed some oil bubbling together on top of the cap of the must. Fermentation is starting to mellow a bit. No oil has gone rancid yet. I will keep you posted.

It tastes like pecan pie...I used only brown sugar to bring up the s/g. I will be very carefully racking this wine, since I noticed some oil bubbling together on top of the cap of the must. Fermentation is starting to mellow a bit. No oil has gone rancid yet. I will keep you posted.

you might have saved it. some oil won't spoil it. i wish i could share more, but you should be fine. it's hard to get good flavor from them, but what you get is great!

Latest posts

Back