Pears

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke with my co-worker this am. He said he can get me pears again this year. He said he's going to wait until after first frost to pick them for me this year. I told him I'd take all he had....

I had the pear wineat 1.010 decided to sweeten some more. I ended up taking it to 1.016 and gave it a filtering today. Getting ready to sample the remains now. I have 4 gallons and just under a 1.5 liter bottle. Ill bottle on for my coworker aand drink the other.

I bottled my Pear Wine yesterday so that I could free up the 3 gallon carboy. It looks and tastes great. I need to make some labels now, well, I need to go buy some more labels now.

Must of wound up really good. Mine should be bottled too, but just sitting there. One of these days I will get ambitious and bottle a bunch of wines up. Glad your wine came out good. Arne.

Must of wound up really good. Mine should be bottled too, but just sitting there. One of these days I will get ambitious and bottle a bunch of wines up. Glad your wine came out good. Arne.

I should be getting close to 100 lbs of pears again this year. My co-worker won't pick them until after the first frost. Last year they were picked early since they started to fall. He said so far this year they are still on the trees. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm fortunate to have friends with orchards. So far we've made 3 trips for pears . First trip was 300 pounds of clap specials. 20 gallons of pure pear juice wine and 4 gallons of hard pear cider. The second trip was 400 pounds of Bartlett. Wine, pear blueberry hard cider, and canned Brandy pears. Friday we made the last pear run. My friend told me to bring a big truck. We did load over 700 pounds of Bosc pears in my Tacoma. We process tomorrow.

I sure am glad to have come across this post, I was thinking of making a spiced pear wine for next years Christmas gifts. I didn't realize it took 2 years for the best flavor. Looks like I will be making if for the following year.

Unfortunately I'm not getting pears. My coworker went down last weekend to pick for me and he said all the pears were gone. He said it almost looked like someone picked them because they were not laying on the ground either. Oh well. I have 15 bottles from last year's batch.

Latest posts

Back