Pear wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I have seen some recipes for pear wine that call for golden raisins and some call for tannin? Any recommendations on adding either of these?

Last edited:
i make one kinda pear wine. use triple the pectic enzyme, 20 lb granny smith apples, 20 lb of yellow delicious apples, 40 lb pear, and 3 lb of crab apples,
plenty pectic enzyme, yeast enzymes , yeast nutrient, after clear and de-gassed, then bulk age for 1 year minimal ,, freeze all fruit . on that i use either K1V-1116,,, OR EC-1118
Dawg

I'm getting things together for a batch of pear wine. When I raised bees I sometimes used a paint strainer to strain the honey. Would this be a good thing to put the pulp in while it is fermenting?

I just ordered those bags. I think I'll pick up some white raisins, too. I think I probably have everything else I need.

Enzyme is best added at grinding/ crush. It has reduced efficiency in an alcohol solution like wine.
I am a fan of tannin, currently I add about 5% of a tannic/ long bitter flavor crab apple.
I use yeast nutrient instead of adding raisin.
Ok. Sounds good. I have tannin and yeast nutrient. I have some acid blend. I'm not familiar with the tannic/long bitter crab apple.

Back