Pear wine clearing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestion to bring out more flavor in this current batch? Even with sugar syrup it does not taste like much
Joe

If your out of the primary and into the secondary , have you added any chems? If not add the fpac now this then will become a background flavor normally but your base is pear ,yes it should help.be patient with the clearing process , what I've do in the past is when I'm ready to bottle 2 weeks before I run the batch through my filter system, then add the clearing agents let it do it's job, then bottle.
I know this seams like the long way around ,just sometimes that is just the correct procedure.

You could use at this point pear extract
From Olive Nation, that would help and it's alcohol based.8oz.bottle, just add it directly into the mix and let it settle in

Yes it can and yes I've experienced it with a Almond wine .
In the beginning it was harsh ok but not really ,understand.
Left the wine as one of those (oh Wells) and for got about the whole bat ch,put it in there spot and left them
About a year and a half later I end up opening a bottle ( not bad) walked away 6 mos. later really good harshness went away smooth and tasty. Sent it out to cellarmasters and got a second , now I know it could o ly get better.
On the peach itself ,if mine doesn't clear but has the correct profile taste , then I'll bottle it when I'm ready. The flavor is what your going for, and if this was an organic wine it wouldn't have matter. It's all about taste.

Lately when I've been topping up after racking I've started using clear apple juice. I think this adds a bit more than just topping up with sugar and water.

Seems to work with quite a lot of wines actually, I topped up cherry with apple and my banana wine with apple.

Maybe this would help would flavour?

Thanks. I will try some trials with adding white grape concentrate as backsweetener and some with pear extract and then determine what I want in the whole batch. I think next time I will use more fruit even if I have to buy some pears or apples to add to the harvest from the tree.

Been harvesting pears and have about 15# in freezer and probably another 15 ripening. Planning to do enough for a 3-4 g batch of pear juice and top it off with fresh pressed apple juice. The pears will be crushed this time too so basically all juice.

I tried the pear extract but didn’t like the flowery scent/taste. I tried some trial adding acid blend and sugar syrup and that’s what we were looking for. Should we age it then add the sweetener and acid blend or add acid and sweeten now then age?

HERE'S WERE IM AT IN HE CLEARRING PROCESS WITH MY PEAR WINE.. NOT WORRIED ABOUT THE HEADSPACE THE GAP IS NITROGEN CHARGED .

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 13
  • CLEARIN PEAR WINE 003.jpg
    CLEARIN PEAR WINE 003.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back