pear - blueberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kidder

Junior
Reaction score
If I blend these wines, [pear & blueberry] should I blend them at the beginning of the fermentation process? Or should I ferment them separately before blending. I have 10 lb. of cored pears and I will be using frozen blueberries from our blueberry patch. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Blueberry will be the dominant flavor since pear is more subtle.
Blueberry makes a wonderful flavorful wine and pear makes a wonderful more delicate wine.
Personally I would make 2 separate wines and blend later to see how it tastes.
Whatever you decide to do will work just fine.

Thanks Dave, I have made each separately before, but not blended them. The Blueberry is a favorite for sure. I will do as you have suggested. Tom

I made six 3-gallon batches of pear this year, each one different. Two had a bit of water, 4 are all pear. Taste great so far and to tell you the truth I wouldn't dream of blending them.

Now you did it. I agree, blueberry is a favorite with me also and it's one of the few fruits I actually have to buy. Going to Costco tomorrow and I may have to accidentally put some in the cart.

Latest posts

Back