Peanut Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cocoa nibs are a low fat product. Most of it is fiber which never solubilizes. Yes much of the flavor is in the oil, but again how much oil. .01 gram? ,,, This is in the range seen with peanut or soy oil.
Extracts/ aroma compounds will be similar. Effective concentration pulled into a wine might be 0.001gram.
For my chocolate cherry wine, I used 85 g of cocoa powder in 1 gallon. According to the label, the cocoa powder is 10% fat, so I would have 8.5 g of cocoa butter (fat) in 1 gallon of wine.

Are you saying that only 0.001 g/L would be dissolved in the alcohol? I have been unable to find any figures for the solubility of cocoa butter in ethanol.

I made banana wine and after the first fermenting was done I added the peanut powder that had been mixed with a little pineapple juice and sitting in the refrigerator for those 2 weeks. After I racked the wine I added the peanut-pineapple solution to the wine with a campden tablet and let sit for another 2 weeks. I added a gelatin mixture to it and let it sit another 2 weeks. It is so clear and taste so good that I went on and bottled it. If I could of added bacon to it, I'd of called it The Elvis. Peanut butter-banana-jelly and bacon.

I made banana wine and after the first fermenting was done I added the peanut powder that had been mixed with a little pineapple juice and sitting in the refrigerator for those 2 weeks. After I racked the wine I added the peanut-pineapple solution to the wine with a campden tablet and let sit for another 2 weeks. I added a gelatin mixture to it and let it sit another 2 weeks. It is so clear and taste so good that I went on and bottled it. If I could of added bacon to it, I'd of called it The Elvis. Peanut butter-banana-jelly and bacon.

Attachments

• IMG_5554.JPG
    IMG_5554.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5636.JPG
    IMG_5636.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I'm hoping the banana flavor will equal out with the peanut flavor after the rest ages for a few months. I usually bottle 2 magnums and drink the rest for my troubles out of a gallon. If it all works out like I like it, I make 5 gallon batches.

Latest posts

Back