Peach

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferratus

Junior
Reaction score
I know there is another thread on this however, we tried something different. The wife wanted a peach wine.... SO the process began.

Instead of smashing peaches we cheated ( I KNOW ) and bought 6 gallons worth of Welches Peach Medley.. It is a blend of peach and grape and other various things...

Anyways... we also included a large can of sliced smashed peaches into the primary process .. at 8 days we reached a good sg and racked it out... and removed all the sliced peaches...

That was about 2 months ago.. last night we racked and cleared and bottled.

Odd thing is .. I cannot taste a lot of peach. What I can tell you is that it tastes VERY similar to Moscato.. even smells like it IMHO... Hey ... I love moscato anyways so that works out great.. but dont use the juice .. Lesson learned.

Could be the white grapes... Not sure... Even the wife stated that it smells and tastes like Moscato

Last edited:
I know there is another thread on this however, we tried something different. The wife wanted a peach wine.... SO the process began.

Instead of smashing peaches we cheated ( I KNOW ) and bought 6 gallons worth of Welches Peach Medley.. It is a blend of peach and grape and other various things...

Anyways... we also included a large can of sliced smashed peaches into the primary process .. at 8 days we reached a good sg and racked it out... and removed all the sliced peaches...

That was about 2 months ago.. last night we racked and cleared and bottled.

Odd thing is .. I cannot taste a lot of peach. What I can tell you is that it tastes VERY similar to Moscato.. even smells like it IMHO... Hey ... I love moscato anyways so that works out great.. but dont use the juice .. Lesson learned.

Could be the white grapes... Not sure... Even the wife stated that it smells and tastes like Moscato

I am going to have check this out, I like Moscato as well.

Doesn't surprise me @ little flavor. Best to wait till Peaches are in season to make. Peaches need help like adding a strong f-pac and back sweeten.
You did a blend. You did not say what the starting gravity was. I'm betting you taste more alcohol than fruit.
Was the blend 100% juice?

Latest posts

Back