Peach wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7oakacres

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... I made 6 gallons of peach wine out of fresh pressed Georgia peach cider. I did a 2nd racking and left it alone since 2014. It's still at the same level from back then and also, It was covered by the carboy box inside of my closet, behind all of my hanging clothes. Do you think it's still good or should I dump it? Yeah, I totally forgot that I had it til today...

Have you tasted it? what state is the airlock? Is the liquid all dried up?

Key is going to be the taste.
No, I haven't tasted it but the airlock had a lot of weight on top of it because of stuff I had stored on it. So the airlock had a little bit of the liquid left.

This is what it looks like now and yes, I found 1 gallon of plum wine in it also! HAHAHA!!!

Attachments

• 15725595701293200933788991333471.jpg
    15725595701293200933788991333471.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Looks like a lot of head space, but if like you say , the air lock had liquid in it, it might be ok. Looks nice and clear. Don't shake the carboy too much and disturb the lees on the bottom . You might be surprised.

Peach is slow to clear, age is useful in peach.
The air lock is key, I would drip some sanitizer in now without pulling the airlock, just to up the level.
We will be curious when you taste it.

Worst case you have vinegar. That said mom had a gallon of peach wine that was the best smelling peach vinegar after setting 25 years. Marinades, salad dressing, BBQ sauce. We were sorry when it was used up.

Back