Quantcast

Peach wine

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

7oakacres

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... I made 6 gallons of peach wine out of fresh pressed Georgia peach cider. I did a 2nd racking and left it alone since 2014. It's still at the same level from back then and also, It was covered by the carboy box inside of my closet, behind all of my hanging clothes. Do you think it's still good or should I dump it? Yeah, I totally forgot that I had it til today...

Scooter68

Fruit "Wine" Maker
Reaction score
Have you tasted it? what state is the airlock? Is the liquid all dried up?

Key is going to be the taste.

7oakacres

Reaction score
Have you tasted it? what state is the airlock? Is the liquid all dried up?

Key is going to be the taste.
No, I haven't tasted it but the airlock had a lot of weight on top of it because of stuff I had stored on it. So the airlock had a little bit of the liquid left.

Arne

Reaction score
First smell it, then taste if it smells ok. I am betting there is nothing wrong with. Good luck, Arne.

Donatelo

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of head space, but if like you say , the air lock had liquid in it, it might be ok. Looks nice and clear. Don't shake the carboy too much and disturb the lees on the bottom . You might be surprised.

Rice_Guy

Reaction score
Peach is slow to clear, age is useful in peach.
The air lock is key, I would drip some sanitizer in now without pulling the airlock, just to up the level.
We will be curious when you taste it.

Worst case you have vinegar. That said mom had a gallon of peach wine that was the best smelling peach vinegar after setting 25 years. Marinades, salad dressing, BBQ sauce. We were sorry when it was used up.

Latest posts