Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edit: Pressed last night and got 13 gallons which I thought was pretty good but it was a mess. With a mesh bag in the press the sediment clogged the pores almost immediately so I placed a second bag on the bucket and let the, whatever you call it, peach pulp fill the second bag to about 1/4 full then hand rang it out to the consistence of a modeling clay. When done out of 100 lbs of peaches I might of had the bottom of a bucket filled 2" of pulp. I was a pain and took around 4 hours. I surely hope this turns out to be worthwhile.

I have had similar messes with fruit wines in the past. Best I've done so far is using various sizes of hardware cloth (mesh screen) as a progressive filter. Starting with the most course, placed on top of a target bucket, dump the must through, catching the biggest chunks, put the chunks in a mesh bag. Continued with 3 progressively smaller screens and ended up with a bag of goo to squeeze the juice out of. Put the wine in carboys and racked it off of the sediment a few days later. Makes you appreciate the ease of pressing grapes....................

I have had similar messes with fruit wines in the past. Best I've done so far is using various sizes of hardware cloth (mesh screen) as a progressive filter. Starting with the most course, placed on top of a target bucket, dump the must through, catching the biggest chunks, put the chunks in a mesh bag. Continued with 3 progressively smaller screens and ended up with a bag of goo to squeeze the juice out of. Put the wine in carboys and racked it off of the sediment a few days later. Makes you appreciate the ease of pressing grapes....................

I bet it does Johnd. I've only done the fruit wines so I have chosen a route that makes me appreciate the wines even more when it's all done. I will say that after pressing, wringing etc my peach wine before and after fermentation - My clothes have that wonderful smell of peaches and it sorta helps me remember why I did it. Then of course there is that first glass when you pull that cork and that aroma.....ahhhh.

Now you've done it - got me thinking about that peach wine. Have to go get bottle from the basement get it chilling.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's just that way..it takes work , understanding and patience tó be a decent wine maker, doesn't it?

Peach trees, Redhaven variety. Already canned 40 quarts, given away several boxes, but still a lot of smaller fruit that was still green when we picked early.

Congrats !!!

Break out your juicer (slow juicer not the ones with the high speed blades)
Destone, Freeze for a week then thaw and process through the juicer.

Just racked this years peach wine. 28 lbs (after de-stoning) for 3 gallons. Starting volume just under 4 gallons. Now in a 3 gallon carboy with a 16 and 12 oz bottle airlocked and available for topping off when needed. ABV is about 15.5% and will plan on sweetening up before bottling next year into a Dessert Wine.

Latest posts

Back