Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmahoney

Reaction score
Hello everyone, got a week off from work and will hibernate in the wine room, most of these days off from work.

I started a Fresh Peach wine June 30th, 5 gallons. It's not clearing as I would like. I wanted to sweeten it up a bit this week and bottle. Yet, it has a Haze look to it, not that crisp clear look. Tastes pretty good; however this is a batch I am making for a friend that likes his at a sweeter taste. All in all I think it came out just fine, except I would like to try and get a better clearer look.
Not for sure what I have in the cupboard, some Sparkolloid Powder, says something about Hot mix wine fining's, although it says to wait one week.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ahhh, a week for wine making! I have been trying the sparkolloid out on my last few batches, does work very well, but it does need a good week to do so, if your wanting it done quick I would recommend the Super-Kleer if available to you. Enjoy your week!

What Appleman said!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: JWMINNESOTA

Its pretty normal for peach.It has always been slow to clear when I have made it.Some of the best peach that I have made took a long time to clear,and tasted awful when it was young.A year in the bottle,and it was like someone flipped a switch.It tasted like biting into a fresh georgia peach.It was so bad at first,its a wonder I didnt throw it out.Im glad I didnt.
lockdude

I make peach wine every year and have yet to see it clear without the help of finings. I use super kleer.

That super kleer is the best stuff. and df.....you have more avatars!!

Ramona

Hi Js, ts been awhile, I 2 love the SuperKleer and think its even better then sliced bed. Peach is usually a bear to clear with all the pectin in it. If you used the right amount of pectic enzyme in the beginning then Superkleer will do the rest. If you are going to back sweeten I would suggest sweetening first as this may cloud the wine some times.

Go with the SuperKleer. I have yet to have a wine it failed to clear and it usually does so very quickly--24 hours!

Latest posts

Back