Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok, I cleaned out the fruit cubbard and had enough peaches to make a 5 gallon batch of wine. The last time I made peach wine, I made a gallon from Welch's frozen concentrate. I put in cinnamon sticks and ginger but I put too much in. Has anyone ever done this with their wine?

My mom always took peaches, sliced them, added cinnamon, and ginger and left it cook for a couple of hours, then canned it. We would put this on homemade bread fresh out of the oven. OMG this stuff was to die for. I need to make a batch this summer.

Anyway I want to replicate this in a wine. I was thinking 3 sticks of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of ginger for 5 gallons, does this sound too much or too little? I want just a slice taste of the spices with the peach coming through.

I'm afraid I ain't going to be much help here but let me know how it goes, it sounds good. I am assuming it will be a sweet wine?

I made my wine far too strong with ginger 2 and a half years back..

it'll be Fine julie.. give it an extra year.. it'll be more like a strongs ginger wine.. strong without the whiskey element
.. still will be 14%..but mellow and drinkable.

xx

If it is ginger powder - i would use a tea bag with it - that way you can control the exposure of it.

I added cloves to my apple spice wine this way - turned out very well. I also added 3 cinnamon sticks as well.

I kept the ABV at 11% on it - added an f-pac as well.

Thanks Jon, never thought about the tea bag, that is a good idea. Was your apple a 5 gallon batch? I'm thinking 3 sticks should be plenty.

I used 3 sticks of cinnamon in 5 gallons of apple wine and that gave it a hint of cinnamon. Just enough to say, I can taste cinnamon, not over powering. I would think that the ginger or cloves would over power it. Err on the lighter side. IMO

Thanks Jon, never thought about the tea bag, that is a good idea. Was your apple a 5 gallon batch? I'm thinking 3 sticks should be plenty.

Yeah it was - the tea bad idea was something i read a while back to control the level of exposure of my cloves. Worked like a charm!!

I would start with 2 sticks and less ginger. You can always add more later. Do f pac and back sweeten.
Let us know of da progress.

I would start with 2 sticks and less ginger. You can always add more later. Do f pac and back sweeten.
Let us know of da progress.

Yeah I agree - ginger and cloves tend to give off a lot of smell - and they can over take the wine in a hurry.

I would start with a little less - add it into the tea bag during primary - after about 3 days - remove.

Back