Peach Wine time...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodfella

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I guess it's time to do more Peach wine. I went past the orchard and gave the peaches a little sampling.... They are awesome!!!

So I bought just over 100 lbs (yeeaaahhh)

Looks like more Peach wine.... AND..... ohhhh yeah.... Goodfella's Peach Port.

I am out of town a few days for work so I didn't get it started today, But I will keep ya posted.

Joel

Wow... That sounds amazing. Might you be willing to share your peach port recipe? Pleeeeeeaaaaase???

That is the recipe to get started...

I did add a couple tricks that I didn't post, But I will post them this time around.

I have been very happy with the results. The only problem was that I didn't make very much. This time it will be at least 5 gallons.

Any tricks you have on the port I would LOVE to hear about - I haven't done that style of wine before and I'll bet it is GREAT with peaches.
smiley20.gif

Got the Peach wine and Port started today!!!

Does anyone use wine tannins on Peach wine?

I do on my Port. But most recipes do not include them on Peach wine.

I have 3 gallons of peach wine that will be ready to bottle in a few days...only problem is that it has no peach flavor left.
smiley19.gif

When you make yours do you have this problem??

Chef said:
I have 3 gallons of peach wine that will be ready to bottle in a few days...only problem is that it has no peach flavor left.
smiley19.gif

When you make yours do you have this problem??

If you ferment it to dry it will lose the majority of its fruity flavor. All you need to do is backsweeten it a little with a simple syrup and that will bring back the peach flavor. That or make a good f pack with more peachesand backsweeten with that

Time to make a f-pac then. It will delay bottling though..

Goodfella said:
Got the Peach wine and Port started today!!!

Does anyone use wine tannins on Peach wine?

I do on my Port. But most recipes do not include them on Peach wine.
I do not use them in Peach (my preference)

Thanks for the responses guys/gals... This seems to be a very helpful community.
smiley20.gif

My batch of peach from last year VERY peachy. I wanted alot of that so I did a big f-pack and back sweetened a little bit (per Tepe's advise). It worked out perfect.

What exactly is an F-pack?? I'm fairly new to making wine...only 4-5 batches so far...and I really havent been happy with any of those. But if at first you don't succeed try try again. My guess is that I am missing some basic step that no one mentions in recipes because it is sooooo basic....but thats just a guess, I don't even know what an F-pack is...so what do I know???
smiley36.gif

Take 20-30% of the amount of fruit used in fermentation...

Simmer on stove about 20 min (low simmer)

Strain.....

Simmer down liquid by 2/3rds

Add this to your wine and Voila, you have lots of flavor. Just make sure you have stabilized your wine first!

Chef said:
What exactly is an F-pack?? I'm fairly new to making wine...only 4-5 batches so far...and I really havent been happy with any of those. But if at first you don't succeed try try again. My guess is that I am missing some basic step that no one mentions in recipes because it is sooooo basic....but thats just a guess, I don't even know what an F-pack is...so what do I know???
smiley36.gif

F-PAC
How to make a F-PAC=Flavor Pac

Add 20-30% of #’s of fruit what was used in the primary (if
you used 30# in recipe then you will need 6-9# more for
the f-pac) in a large frying pan or pot. Simmer to extract
all "flavor" and reduce the water from the fruit. Strain thru
a kitchen strainer and add AFTER you rack and after the
wine is DRY ( .990) You MUST have added k-meta and
Sorbate before adding the f-pac. Once adding the f-pac
you can add clearing agent. You will have to rack at least
2+ more times. Then
back sweeten to YOUR taste using simple syrup.
Tom
Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
and

DELANCO VINEYARDS

You've inspired me to give your porta shot too... I've got 29# of cut and stoned peaches and plan to try your recipie. Anything you learned and plan to adjust would be greatly appreciated.

This Port is like candy in a glass!!! haha

But seriously.... I really like it.

Plan on 6-7 lbs fruit per gallon. Save some more (2-3 lbs) per gallon for f-pack.

Use extra pectic enzyme....

Use White grape/ Peach concentrate and white raisinsto help with body...

Raise SG when it hits 1.010. Bring it to 1.030 and give it a good stir....

In the end.... I sweetened to SG 1.025. (about right for this one)

Fortify to 19-20% with peach brandy.

20101007_121453_pw_Desktop_Reso.jpg

Latest posts

Back